Wednesday, January 19, 2011

"Congratulations" - Graduation Card


"Congratulations"- Graduation Card



This is a graduation card I made for one of our church friends. He graduated in December and his graduation party was last week. So, I had the opportunity to make a graduation card :)
-
I wanted to make a gift card holder/greeting card, but I have been having some mixed emotions about gift cards. Gift cards are great when you really know what that person likes or you know that person likes to explore new things...Cash is for someone you don't know very well or you think they would save money for something bigger than what you would get them...Anyway, I think that what matters is the fact that you gave something to someone:)
I like both, gift cards (to my favorite or new stores and cash :)
-
So, for this card, I wanted to give cash in a creative way.
I used my Silhouette to cut the cap and the frame.
I used a stamp that says "Congratulations to you" but I only inked the "Congratulations" part of the phrase.
Then I used Versamark ink to stamp on the outside of the frame. I used the same stamp to decorate the envelope. For the envelope, I used silver embossing powder.
I decided to use a $20 bill as a scroll or certificate. To secure the bill, I used a brad though the ribbon and the card, then I tided it to the rolled-up bill.
-
What do you think about the card?
Thanks for stoping by
Leave a comment :)

3 comments:

  1. this is so beautiful card..i would like to keep it in mind and design Gift Card envelopes..thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this design. made it as a quick emergency card, simple and effective design, would have cost a lot in the shops! looks so good! thanks

    ReplyDelete