Thursday, March 8, 2012

Video from my iPhone TEST#1

Hi! I am trying out the video camera on my iPhone to see if I can upload a video to YouTube to post here. Let's see if it works! :)




Alright! It worked, but... It was not as easy as I thought :)

I did find out a few things. These things may not be new to you, but they were definitely new to me since I don't know much about websites and videos. Anyway... Here is what I learned:

1. YouTube app on the iPhone does not have an Embed code button as it does on the website.
2. When you upload a video to YouTube, you have a few options. You need to choose either the public option or the one that says that anyone who has the link can view it. Otherwise if it is private, you can not use the link to create the code.
3. You need to find a website that generates the code for you. I used http://www.scriptgenerator.net. It was very simple and it worked :)
4. To generate the code, go to your video and select "share video." Then, select "mail link to this video". Copy link from email. Go to script generator and follow their instructions to generate the code.
5. Go to your blog and paste code wherever you want your video to be.

And I think that is it :)

Things I will test later:

1. How the length of video affects upload. My test video was only a few seconds, so we will see how a longer video will work out.

2. How video looks on a desktop computer vs. iPad or iPhone.

Any ideas on how to blog and add videos using iPhone apps?

Cyndi

No comments:

Post a Comment