Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Summer Cooking - Rotini Tuna Pasta Salad


     I have been making this recipe for a very long time. In fact it was one of the very first recipes I made by myself growing up and made very often at home when I first got married :) I have decided to share it with you, because I believe that it can become a fun recipe for your kids to help in the kitchen. Alright, here we go!

Rotini Tuna Pasta Salad

Ingredients:

1 (16 oz.) bag of rotini pasta
2 (12 oz.) cans of tuna (drained)
1 (15.25 oz.) can of corn (drained)
1 green bell pepper (chopped) 10-12 oz. of mayonnaise
Black pepper to taste
Bread or crackers

Instructions:

Cook rotini pasta according to its package instructions. Once is out of the boiling water, rinse it with cold water until pasta feels cool. Place pasta in a big mixing bowl and mix in 3/4 of the mayonnaise. Add tuna, corn, bell pepper, and some black pepper. Mix thoroughly. If you think is too dry, add the rest of the mayonnaise. You can always add, than subtract :) Serve it as a tuna salad sandwich or eat it with crackers (either saltine or ritz)

*This recipe is about 6 good size servings. I like to make this much, because there is always plenty for dinner one night and lunch the next day :)

You can easily have your kids make it for lunch or dinner. You can assist them with the chopping and can opening, and have them mix the ingredients. It is simple, fun and inexpensive :)

Let me know how it turns out!

Leave a comment if you used this recipe, if you make something similar or if you just want to say HI!

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. Looks Yummy!! I'll have to try it some time.

    ReplyDelete