- 7 oz of shea butter
- 4 oz of coconut oil
- 4 oz of Sweet Almond Oil
- 32-36 drops of your choice of Essential Oil (optional)
- Electric Mixer
- 6 oz. Glass Containers (I used Ball Jars)
1. Melt shea butter and coconut oil in a double boiler.
2. Let mixture cool off.
3. Mix in the almond oil.
4. If you are adding essential oil, add 2 drops for every teaspoon of mixture. According to my calculations, I needed about 32-36 drops of essential oil. I used Jasmine Essential Oil.
5. Cover and put mixture in the fridge for about 45 min or until solid but not hard.
6. Transfer to electric mixer and whip until it gets fluffy.
7. It will change color. It goes from beige to white. It is ready when it gets white.
8. Transfer to glass containers.
9. Place containers in fridge for about 40 minutes.
10. You are done!
*This recipe makes about 3 1/2 (6oz) containers.
*If you use virgin coconut oil, it will give you a coconut smell. If you like to skip the essential oil and use the virgin coconut oil for the smell, use 2oz of pure coconut oil and 3 oz virgin coconut oil. I found that the virgin coconut oil does not harden as well as the pure coconut oil, and you need it to harden to be able whip it.
*The Aura Cacia brand products have extra useful things added, such as Vitamine E in the Sweet Almond Oil and Jojoba oil in the essential oil all good for your skin :)
*This make a really nice gift as well. I added some ribbon to one of the container and gave it to my mom as a birthday gift :)
Hope you enjoy this DIY Body Lotion Recipe!
Thanks for stopping by!!!