Thursday, July 25, 2013

Customized Birthday Banner "Captain America" Style :)

For this year, my son's birthday party theme was Captain America. Ever since we saw a Captain America suit at the store, he wanted to be Captain America so he was :)
Here is a picture of the decorations we had. It was a small party, just family :)
 
 
 
This was the first time that I baked the cake and decorated it. It turned out very yummy!
Since my son loves m&m's I used them to make the Captain America shield on top of a simple round cake. I used some black icing to write his name on the side. I used a tooth pick to write the letters and then, I went over them with the black icing. It was very simple to make and also very fun!
 


This post is a quick tip on how to make a super fast and simple Happy Birthday banner. As you can see, I quickly customized a Happy Birthday banner for his Captain America themed birthday party. The banner had a green bow between the words, and I just made that Captain America Shield with some card stock and glued it on top of the bow. I think it turned out pretty cute. You can reuse it by making different embellishments to fit your party's theme.
 


I made a video to show you how I customized this Happy Birthday Banner.
Let me know what you think!

 
 
I am all about making things on a budget and I think these decorations turned about pretty cute.
Hope you enjoy the post :)
 
Let me know if you have any questions.

 
Thanks for stopping by!

 
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure your son had a blast at his birthday since you used his favorite character, Captain America, as his birthday party theme! The banner sure turned out cute, and the fact that you didn't spend much made it more incredible! The cake is as handsome as the banner, by the way. I just thought that maybe designing the plates, the table cover, even the cups with Captain America's shield might've created a total effect. It's still a nice presentation nonetheless. Congratulations on pulling this party off!
    Retta @ Turf Signs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He did enjoy the party very much and he definitely enjoyed wearing his Captain America suit. I agree, the plates, tablecover and cups would have created a total effect, I just ran out of time :) Soon, I will post the pictures of a Super Mario Bros. birthday party we did for my older son. I designed the invitation, party favors, room decorations etc. It was fun to make. Thank you so much for your comment! :)

      Delete