Wednesday, July 31, 2013

My Smash/Junk Journal Booklet Accessory Kit Plus Journaling Tip

 
The week of July 15th, my family and I went on a little vacation. We rented a cabin-like house about an hour from home. It was beautiful and very relaxing. It had a pond to fish, a swimming pool and a hot tub. We had a great time. We were able to fish and actually catch something. It was the first time fishing for my kids and I. My husband actually has done some fishing before so he was able to help us :) This was the perfect time to take pictures for future scrapbook pages, smash book pages, cards and even Christmas gifts. It is never to early to think about Christmas presents. Also, it was the perfect time to test my Smash/Junk Journal/Booklet Accessory kit I put together :)
 
Here is my SMASH/JUNK JOURNAL/BOOKLET ACCESSORY KIT
 
 
The purpose of this kit is to have available the most simple things someone could use to be able to make a quick page or write down quick ideas when away from home.
So, this is what right now I think is necessary to accomplish that:

Right before our trip I went to Kohl's to get a few things and (as always) as I was browsing the clearance section, I found a Tablet Sleeve that I assume it was sold last Christmas. It was pink and only $3.00! I can't believe people paid $30.00 only 7 (almost 8) months ago. Anyway...now for $3 I have a bag that holds my TO GO kit.
Inside the bag I have the following items:

Pens (Zig and Copics)
Mecanical Pencil (Bic)
4 color pen (Bic)
White color pencil (Prismacolor)
Scotch Tape
Washi Tape
Glue stick
White liquid glueTape runner
Date stamp (recollections)
Green ink spot (Stampin' Up)
School Scissors
Note pad paper
MY Homemade SMASH/JUNK JOURNAL/BOOKLET (of course :)



QUICK JOURNALING TIP:


When you are away from home on vacation, you tend to loose track of time. This is why I stamped the date on individual note pad pages to write down quick notes as the day went by without thinking what day it was. Just make sure you move the top page to the back at the end of each day.
It helped to keep track different things we did during our time there. Now I can use them to make scrapbook pages with those pictures I took  :)

 
Here is the YouTube video for this post.
 
 
 
 
I hope you enjoyed this post! Let me know what you think about my kit :)
 
Do you guys have one? If so, what do you carry with you?
 
Thanks for stopping by!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment