Saturday, August 3, 2013

CHCBlog Card Sketch Challenge #2 plus Quick Picture Taking Tip :)

The Card Sketch Challenge from last month was pretty cute and it was very flexible to be used for any occasion, even useful for monograms for a stationary, etc. This month's challenge is a "HYBRID" card and it was inspired by a house warming gift I needed to make for a friend of ours who just bought a house.
 
SO HERE WE GO!!!
 
CHCBlog Card Sketch Challenge #2
 
 
*Remember, a sketch is just an idea. The circle does not have to be a circle. The card you make should be your interpretation of this sketch. Most importantly...have fun with it! :)
 
 
Here is the card I made with this sketch:
 
 
 
I decided to make a hybrid card by making a collage on PICASA of one of the pictures I took during our last trip. Remember when I said I took a bunch of pictures to use on future scrapbook pages, card, projects, etc... well, this is one of them :) I used a filter to darken the edges and I added the phrase "Mi casa es su casa."This card is simple, but I think is pretty cute :) I used an edge punch for the bottom of the card to add interest and (as you can see on the second picture) on the inside I added some colored cardstock to give the punch out area some color when the card is closed.
 
QUICK PICTURE TAKING TIP:
 
1. When you take a trip, make sure you take your camera to take a lot of pictures.
2. When you are taking pictures, make sure you take pictures of people when they don't know you are taking pictures to get more realistic pictures. Obviously, also take pictures of people looking directly to the camera :) This way you have more to work with when making projects with them.
3. Finally, don't forget to take pictures of the buldings, signs, banners, street names, etc... you never know when those pictures might be helpful to create something special for someone, like the picture I used for today's card :)
 
Alright...now is your turn. Feel free to make a hybrid card using this sketch.

 
Questions??? Leave a comment :)
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment