Thursday, August 22, 2013

Thrifty Thursdays Intro plus 1st post

I had always loved to buy clothes and shoes and keep them forever and ever until... I learned to save money and live a simple, organized life....rewind....until I learned that I needed to save money and to live a simple, organized life. I am still learning how to do this, but by the grace of God, I have improved a lot in the last several years. When my husband and I decided that is was best for me to stay home with our kids, our income cut in half and we needed to figure out a way to make it. So every dollar we had, we had to be spent it wisely. I had never realized how much money I spent without even thinking about it. Now I think about it twice before I spend my cash, but before that I had to go through a period of mind changing. I learned to see things differently and this is what I've learned:
 
1. Not spending money does not mean "I don't have any money or I am poor"
 
2. I don't have to have everything I want when I want it!
 
3. "Wants" and "Needs" are a different things.
 
4. Not spending money right NOW means SAVING for LATER.
 
 
So I decided to start a Thrifty Thursdays series to share with you guys the different things I do to save money and the things I get for less.

 
Here we go!!!
 
Thrifty Thursday post #1 : Buying Clothes
 
A lot of people buy clothes at a second hand stores or garage sales to spend less. I do not have a problem with that at all, but if you really think about it and have the patience for it, you can actually get brand new clothes at regular stores for very little.
 
The key to save money on clothes is:
 
1. Set a budget
 
2. Look for sales and clearance items
 
3.But most important: BUY CLOTHES OFF SEASON!!!
 
My Favorite Store: Kohl's
 
My favorite store to buy clothes is Kohl's because they carry good quality clothes, they have many sales, coupons, Kohl's cash, and now they have a rewards program.
 
 I have bought several clothing items for very little. I am going to show you a couple of outfits I bought at Kohls a couple of weeks ago.
 
 

I love going through the clearance racks at Kolh's. They always have things prices anywhere between 60% to 90% off. I have found awesome deals like these ones.

I found 2 shirts and one pair of blue jeans at the clearance rack.
 
 
 
 
Picture on the Left:
 
Shirt: Daisy Fuentes - regular price $ 38.00 on clearance for $7.60
 
Jeans: Vera Wang - regular price $48.00 on clearance for $9.60
 
 
 
Picture on the Right: Shirt: Lauren Conrad - regular price $36.00 on clearance for $3.60
 
$$ explanation:
Subtotal: regular price $122 on clearance for $20.80 plus tax = $22.52
Plus a $10 off coupon I already had
 
Total: $12.52
 
So I got a couple of different outfits (3 clothing items) for a total of $12.52, which is an average of $4.17 per clothing item. Not bad! :)




 
Let me know, on the comments below, what you have gotten on sale this week.
 
I hope you join me next Thursday for Thrifty Thursdays or Monday for Mix & Match Mondays! ;)

Thank you so much for stopping by!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment