Monday, July 13, 2015

"Cow Appreciation Day 2015" at Chick-Fil-A ...July 14!

Well "Cow Appreciation Day" seems to be an important day. It seems like getting ready for this event, gives me a reason to post on my blog :) I cannot believe how fast time is passing by! It has been a whole year since I posted something and a whole lot of things have happened!

I hope that I can get my life organized enough to dedicate more time to my blog...we shall see. In the mean time I will tell you what my kids and I are wearing for "Cow Appreciation Day" 2015.

This is the 4th year we dress up for this event. We made our very first costume in 2012 and we added a few accessories the following years. This year we had to make a new one because my kids have outgrown the old ones.

You can read more about Cow Appreciation Day 2012 HERE, 2013 HERE, 2014 HERE



We decided to keep the signs we made in 2013. I am very surprised how
they survived two years laying around the kids room and a recent move. I so glad I found them. 








We made new cow shirts similar to the ones from 2012, but this time we used a couple of old white shirts that my husband was going to get rid of. I wanted to make something that is going to fit as the kids grow. This time the shirts will cover their shorts, but I hope we can use them for the next few years.

HOW WE MADE THE NEW COW SHIRTS: 




1. We started by cutting the sleeves off to make it look more like a vest and placed some kraft paper inside it. This will prevent the paint to bleed to the other side of the shirt. 









2. Next, I used a sharpie to mark where the spot were going to be. You can find my spots template HERE. Then, the kids filled the spots with black paint using a foam brush.



It is not perfect, but it will work :) 








We decided to write the famous saying "Eat Mor Chikin" on the back of the shirt.









We will work on our hat and that is what we will be wearing tomorrow.

Are planning on going to Chick-Fill-A tomorrow? What are you wearing? 
Let me know in a comment below :)

Thanks for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment